According to the Council Regulation (EU) No 692/2014 (OJ L183, p. 9) it shall be prohibited to import into European Union goods originating in Crimea or Sevastopol.
According to the Council Regulation (EU) No 1351/2014 (OJ L365, p. 46), the export of goods and technologies suited for use in the sectors of transport; telecommunications; energy; prospection, exploatation and production of oil, gas and mineral resources is prohibited:
Choose the commodity code below that best matches your goods to see more information
If your item is not listed by name, it may be shown under what it's used for, what it's made from or 'other'.
There are important notes for classifying your goods shown further down this page
There are important chapter notes for this part of the tariff:
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) slag or similar industrial waste prepared as macadam (heading 2517);
- (b) natural magnesium carbonate (magnesite), whether or not calcined (heading 2519);
- (c) sludges from the storage tanks of petroleum oils, consisting mainly of such oils (heading 2710);
- (d) basic slag of Chapter 31;
- (e) slag wool, rock wool or similar mineral wools (heading 6806);
- (f) waste or scrap of precious metal or of metal clad with precious metal; other waste or scrap containing precious metal or precious metal compounds, of a kind used principally for the recovery of precious metal (heading 7112); or
- (g) copper, nickel or cobalt mattes produced by any process of smelting (Section XV).
- 2. For the purposes of headings 2601 to 2617, the term ‘ores’ means minerals of mineralogical species actually used in the metallurgical industry for the extraction of mercury, of the metals of heading 2844 or of the metals of Section XIV or XV, even if they are intended for non-metallurgical purposes. Headings 2601 to 2617 do not, however, include minerals which have been submitted to processes not normal to the metallurgical industry.
- 3. Heading 2620 applies only to:
- (a) slag, ash and residues of a kind used in industry either for the extraction of metals or as a basis for the manufacture of chemical compounds of metals, excluding ash and residues from the incineration of municipal waste (heading 2621); and
- (b) slag, ash and residues containing arsenic, whether or not containing metals, of a kind used either for the extraction of arsenic or metals or for the manufacture of their chemical compounds.
- 1. For the purposes of subheading 2620 21, ‘leaded gasoline sludges and leaded anti-knock compound sludges’ mean sludges obtained from storage tanks of leaded gasoline and leaded anti-knock compounds (for example, tetraethyl lead), and consisting essentially of lead, lead compounds and iron oxide.
- 2. Slag, ash and residues containing arsenic, mercury, thallium or their mixtures, of a kind used for the extraction of arsenic or those metals or for the manufacture of their chemical compounds, are to be classified in subheading 2620 60.
Last updated: 22 September 2020 View latest amendments